Pursue Your Dreams
The EAA Chapter 932 is passionate about helping students and youth fulfill their dreams of becoming pilots through our scholarship opportunities:
Flight Training Scholarship
“The highest art form of all is a human being in control of himself and his airplane in flight, urging the spirit of a machine to match his own.”
Ed Moricoli Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
This scholarship will award qualified student pilots $5000 to go towards sport or private pilot training. Eligibility requirements:
- Must be at least 17 years of age on May 1st, 2018
- Hold a valid FAA medical (for Private Pilot only)
- Must have passed the appropriate FAA written exam
- Flight training must be taken at JB Aviation Flight School, Galt Airport
- Maximum annual household gross income of $60,000
- Application must be received by March 1st, 2018
Winner will be announced on May 1, 2018
Ed Moricoli, our beloved former chapter president who passed away, aged 75, in December 2016, was an avid aviation enthusiast and student pilot at Galt who sadly did not get his wish of earning his pilot’s license before his death. He was without a doubt the chapter’s biggest cheerleader and campaigned tirelessly, and very successfully, to increase our membership. Ed was the impetus behind this scholarship and he wanted more than anything for the chapter to help disadvantaged students to achieve their goal of becoming a pilot. This scholarship is his legacy and he would be delighted to know we are fulfilling his wish.
Help those in need accomplish their dreams of becoming pilots.