EAA Chapter 932 opens it’s
Ed Moricoli Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
EAA Chapter 932 at Galt Airport in Wonder Lake, IL is pleased to offer the
Ed Moricoli Memorial Flight Training Scholarship.
It awards qualified student pilots up to $10,000 for an initial
Private Pilot Certificate.
Apply Now On-Line at EAA932.org
Application deadline is June 1st, 2022
Award presentation TBD
(Recipient will be notified in advance.)
Scholarship Eligibility requirements and rules:
• Must be at least 18 years of age on June 1st, 2022
• Must hold a valid 3rd Class FAA Medical Certificate
• Agree to obtain flight training with JB Aviation Flight School at Galt Airport
• The applicants can be at any stage in flight training, however the scholarship amount will be prorated based on a student’s current progress toward completion.
• Flight training must start within one month of the award and be completed within one year.
• Must submit a 500-word, typed essay describing how you got interested in aviation and how a pilot certificate will impact your future goals.
• Complete application (application, 500-word typed essay, copy of medical certificate, and copy of photo ID) must be received by June 1st, 2022
• Members of the EAA Chapter 932 Scholarship Committee and their family members may not apply. Yearly Award is determined by the total funds available.
Ed Moricoli, EAA 932’s former chapter president, passed away in December 2016 at the age of 75. He was an avid aviation enthusiast and student pilot at Galt Airport. Though Ed was unable to achieve his hope of earning his pilot’s license, he was an enthusiastic cheerleader for those seeking the dream of flight. He successfully campaigned to increase Chapter 932 membership and was the impetus behind the formation of this scholarship. Ed wanted, more than anything, for our chapter to help students of any age achieve their goal of becoming pilots. This scholarship is Ed’s legacy and he would be delighted to know we are fulfilling his wish.
What is the EAA?
We are a community of aviation enthusiasts that promotes and supports the love of aviation.
In 1953 Paul Poberezny formed the Experimental Aircraft Association with the idea of getting together with friends interested in building their own airplanes. Today, the EAA has grown to over 200,000 members with nearly 1,000 chapters worldwide, and includes almost every aspect of aviation and aeronautics. Through the years, the organization has remained true to the founder’s ideal of bringing together like-minded people who have an interest in aviation.
Our Mission is to Encourage the Spirit of Aviation
Our chapter and volunteer members serve the community by:
• Inviting the public to experience flying with Young Eagle flights
• Nurturing aviation interests in our community by hosting special events
• Supporting pathways to participation in the aviation community
• Offering an annual flight training scholarship
• Presenting & hosting free aviation educational seminars
EAA Chapter 932 and Galt Airport
Galt Airport in Wonder Lake, Illinois is one of 20 or so, non-towered, privately owned, public-use airports remaining in this country. Under the stewardship of JB Aviation, the Illinois Division of Aeronautics voted this airport the Private Airport of the Year in 2014. It is regarded by the pilot community as one of the friendliest airports around. EAA Chapter 932 was established at Galt Airport in 1989 and is made up of people from all walks of life who share a “grassroots” love of airplanes and flight. The thriving spirit of Chapter 932 is represented in the broad array of aviation enthusiasts who make 10C their home-base. Come by, sit on a bench at the airport to watch the planes, talk to pilots and meet some young, and some young-at-heart students. You may even get to enjoy seeing a vintage biplane flying overhead or experience the thrill of watching the local Aerostars aerobatic team practice their maneuvers!